Each year the Cashiers Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes individuals, businesses and other organizations that have exemplified leadership, commitment and action for the well being of its member communities, which include Cashiers, Glenville, Lake Toxaway and Sapphire, NC.
During its 30th anniversary celebration this fall, the Chamber will present awards to winners from Cashiers, Glenville, Lake Toxaway and Sapphire in the following categories:
- Citizen of the Year – an individual who has significantly and positively impacted community development through vision, innovation and leadership
- Businessperson of the Year – a business representative who has leveraged commercial resources to support community initiatives in an extraordinary manner
- Educator of the Year – a teacher or administrator who has uniquely promoted character development and motivation in youth as a foundation for future success
- Volunteer of the Year – an individual who has generously given of their personal time, talent and/or financial support to improve the lives of those in our community
- Village Heritage Award – a business or individual who has preserved a historic building or site in a manner that best represents the unique village character of our community
- Evergreen Award – an individual, business or other organization whose work reflects respect of natural resources, the value of sustainability and the importance of maintaining an unparalleled quality of outdoor life for residents and visitors
“In addition to the specific criteria for each award, all nominees should exhibit a passion for excellence, a sincere concern for humanity and an appreciation of the value of partnership within our community," explained Karen Sullivan, of Re/Max Summit Properties, who serves as the 2012 Awards Chairman and is also a member of the Chamber Board of Directors.
“Sometimes those who make the greatest contributions are unassuming, quiet, everyday heroes who prefer to remain behind the scenes," said Sullivan. "But their efforts deserve recognition and we invite you to tell their story. It will only take a few minutes to complete the application so that the Chamber membership can recognize those individuals as they deserve.”
Nomination forms are available on the Cashiers Chamber of Commerce website or at the Chamber office located at 202 Highway 64, just west of the Cashiers Crossroads.
Deadline for submissions is October 21st. Winners will be announced at the 30th Anniversary Celebration scheduled for November 8th.
Please take a few minutes of your time to help the Chamber recognize these valued members of our community.